The Sandbox: Episode 7, Wretched Needs a Job

In this episode we cover:

• What we’ve been playing
  • Dawntide Clan
  • Darkfall 2.0
  • Mortal Online
  • Embers of Caerus
  • Plus Negs is a dirt bag.
Also Join us in our Dawntide Clan – Prime

30 thoughts on “The Sandbox: Episode 7, Wretched Needs a Job

1. Lorenzo

Thanks for mentioning Embers of Caerus in the podcast Coolit. We are always happy to hear more comments of you and other people on our game vision and ideas.

2. H.Slayer

I hope you guys Fraps your gameplay in Dawntide at launch, since I feel like the vids I find on youtube dont do it any justice.

Besides that, nice cast.

Great cast. Bummed about the push back of dawntide. But thats ok, I got the lotro xpac to run through and the Fallen Earth free to play conversion to deal with too so this is good news. I did dive into the beta again today for about 4 hours and damn it the game sunk its claws into me. Its got a charm to it for sure but so hard to ignore the many bugs I saw. Really think I am going to sort out what I want to do at launch and at least sub for awhile to give it a whirl.

4. Neg

Nice title lol…

Dead island is fun, and Hamachi is awesome. I got it with a coupon, worth the $35 I paid for it. I find it way more fun on co-op though. I’ll most likely be trying Dawntide.

@Quint, glad you finally loaded tried Fallen earth!

I’ll have to check out Hesher too.

5. Professer

Great cast as always. This is still one of the few good remaining MMO podcasts.

Looking forwards to joining you guys in Dawntide. I haven’t played it in a while, stopped logging in some time into OB. I’m kind of glad it’s being delayed, let them take care of whatever they need to get the game ready for ‘release.’

6. Coolit Post author

Thanks to Bret for sending the email to Massively. It’s nice to get the word out. The more people we have playing sandbox games the more people we have to PVP..

7. Jeg

Excellent show. Now I have to look into Dawntide.

I started playing Wurm a couple of months ago and love it. It’s not like anything else. I play it strictly PVE and crafting. At first I was terribly bored with it. Watching a bar go across the screen is not fun. Then I started playing it while watching HBO Go and it got a lot better. Now I’m playing it on one screen and working on getting my MCITP while playing, lol.

8. recon

Have fun in Dawntide, with the release of SWTOR, I may be backing out with my guild for it , I been testing it a long time, sadly I just don’t see the game having enough interest, the combat is still horrid, and they lack the funding. I doubt its gonna get any better, plus they already said , the best they may do is a combo style, AOC, which is fine, but I don’t see the combat getting any better, The rest of the game minus the AI is still pretty good but the forums are pretty dead for a release soon.

I just don’t see much of a future, anyways this does not mean later on depending how SWTOR does that we may start playing DT later on, right now myself and the rest of my guild , friends, allies are really into SWTOR.

Great cast by the way. Have fun in DT if we don’t play it. only time will tell, I think this is a bad time for any MMO to release near SWTOR.

9. recon

Well as a guild we will be backing out of DT more then likely, we will be on a PVP server for SWTOR , bleh PVE is for newbs.

Thanks for the offer, I would keep DT going if we show any interest again as it stands everyone wants to play SWTOR so who knows.

10. Pingback: Embers of Caerus - Page 2 - The Older Gamers Forums